HDC is working with Metro CD Engineering to conduct facility assessments of totaling over 600,000 SF of space. The facilities date from the original 1953 construction and include newer facilities such as the dormitories and a new administration building. This is HDC’s first time working on the campus, which is across the street from us on Morse Road. President Charissa Durst also owns the 1875 Sharon Township Cherry Hill School building, which sits at the entry of the Ohio State School for the Blind on High Street. The goal of the assessments is to make recommendations for renovations and demolitions for immediate, short-term, and long-term planning. The result of the study will be used to determine the buildings that move forward with lighting upgrades for energy conservation.
L: Entry lobby to the Old Administration Building at the Ohio School for the Deaf, which retains its original 1953 pendant light fixture. R: One of the new dormitories built in 2012.